Functional Core Strength Soccer is a must-read for coaches, athletes and parents of athletes. Functional Exercise Specialist, Kristen Gostomski, describes the key core muscles and why they are so important for sports performance and injury prevention. She also details exercises to build a functional core—with descriptions, photos, and exclusive access to video demonstrations.
- cutting-edge exercises to jump higher, run faster, and kick harder.
- how a functionally strong core can help athletes win the ball, even against bigger players.
- why a strong core is essential to injury prevention.
- why old school exercises, such as sit-ups and leg lifts, are both harmful and lack function.
- breathing techniques to improve stability, strength and endurance on the field.