Everyone I share these bars with goes crazy for them. They aren’t for the low carb dieter, but they are a nourishing snack for healthy individuals who process carbohydrates efficiently.
1/4 cup arrowroot flour/starch
1 Tbsp. freshly ground flax seed
1 Tbsp. potato starch (use sweet potato flour for truly Paleo)
2 tsp. coconut flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
2/3 cup coconut sugar
1 cup tahini
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup sustainably harvested palm shortening
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 chia eggs
1 cup Enjoy Life dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 1/2 by 8 1/2 baking dish with sustainably harvested palm oil.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the first 6 ingredients through sea salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the coconut sugar, tahini, honey, palm shortening, and vanilla. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
4. Add flour mixture and beat on medium speed until well combined.
5. Add the chia eggs and beat on medium-low until incorporated. Do not over beat.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Transfer dough to the baking dish and spread evenly with a rubber spatula.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
9. Let the bars cool for several hours, cover and store in the refrigerator.
*These bars taste best straight from the refrigerator as oils from the tahini may separate at room temperature.